22 July 2010

Hootie Hootie Hootie Hoo!

You've probably noticed the owl has been making a HUGE comeback the past few years! You see him in everything: wall decals, fabrics, baby rooms, and my favorite, jewlery. The owl represents different ideas in many cultures and lores. In Greek, the owl represents widsom and knowledge. It was the symbol for Athena, the goddess of wisdom. In other cultures, it means bad things like death but we're just going to stick with the Greeks! I have, like many, fallen in love with the owl and have become mildly obsessed! I hope you enjoy some of the images below. The one to the left is from blik, which is one of the coolest pages for decal art. This series with the owls is from artist amy ruppel. They come in multiple colors and are a cute way to jazz up a plain wall. I also love using wall decals because they aren't permanent and you don't have to pay tons of money for a muralist to paint something you may only like a few years. The very last one is my favorite! Its been "retired" but I hope they bring it back for when I need to decorate a nursery one day! :) If not, I can recreate one and send it to blik and they can make it for me :) Now time for this night owl to head to bed!





Love this blue on blue space

adorable pillow

{i'm just saying...I think this would scare a baby!}


sweet red owl

cute retro owls

cute lil retro lamp

cute little chunky one

love this blue-eyed cutie

love the tiered pendant

No comments:

Post a Comment