17 July 2010

Light as a Featha...Clean as Carrera

I came across this post from apartment therapy {amazing website}. It is a few photos of Gweneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's new Tribeca loft. I have been a huge fan of Gwyneth since high school and love most of her movies {Shakespeare in love, sliding doors, anniversary party and great expectations to name a few} and think she has a beautiful goddess 'ness' to her. Chris Martin won me over more quickly, as music is what keeps my blood pumping, by his ballads of love and heartbreak on the Parachutes album. So when these 2 got married, I knew it was a perfect match for this fan! :) Below are the images of their beautiful new loft, designed by Roman and Williams.
There are so many things I love about the picture above. I love the Dior grey seating cubes, the white shag carpet, the exquisite built-ins, the suspended floating settee, all feeling light as a feather. But to me, what makes this weightless 'ness' keep from floating away is the gorgeous, simple black coffee table. Without it, the room would feel blah to me. Yes it would be filled with beautiful objects but you would look right over it in a magazine without a second glance. I also love how with 2 kids, the Martins aren't afraid of the white! I think its great they didn't sacrifice the design because of small children.
This bed for Apple's room has to be custom made. This is when I look at that and think, "I mean how hard could that be?" Then I realize that there's no way I could ever create this. What a beautiful room for a little princess. I wish the picture showed the ceiling, as I imagine it feels like floating towards the sky!
I've saved my favorite shot for last. The oh so chic, oh so New York "classic 6" kitchen reno made almost entirely of beautiful Carrera marble. My love of carrera marble began in 2004 when I moved to THE city and started working for Craig Nealy Architects. I got to come in on the end of a residential project for the at the time CEO of Vera Wang. He passed before we got to complete his project, but in the months I got to meet with him, I learned so much about true style. His bathroom that he and Craig created together is still one of the most memorable and striking spaces I've ever entered. It's shown below Gwyneth's kitchen. {I will create a new post later dedicated to that amazing project.} For now, lets stick to the marble. Again, I just adore the use of white on white on white with grey on white. I can only imagine what is beyond those terrace doors. Back to the kitchen...my only critique would be the poorly selected undercabinet lighting, which is causing some nasty hot spots on the stone. There are sooo many more even strips you can put under there that put off the "glow" that they are so desired and known for. Either way, I'll be waiting for my call from Chris and Gwenie and when it happens, I'll bring them new lights :)
Now a few of my favorite carrera marble shots! One day soon, you will see one from my bathroom when we finally get around to installing my tile.

{Love this sweet vanity stool}

{love the stainless soaking tub with white porcelain bottom}

{Can Ann Sacks do anything wrong...I think not}

{Now one of my Italian porcelains, Onice, made to look like the real thing!}

The final image above is of the project I mentioned earlier for the CEO of VEW, Ltd. This is only a sneak peak, but it's a sexy one!

2 comments:

  1. YAY! I love your blog! So exciting. Hope you guys are doing well. I love reading all about your vegas adventures on FB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! My first comment! :) I'm totally doing a post on how YOU inspired me to blog and how its such a good creative release {especially I'm not in such a creative position in sales}!!! Hope you are doing well chicky!

    ReplyDelete