15 July 2010

Now I'm Post Happy :)

So now that I've started posting items, I can't stop. Now I see how people get addicted to these things. I already have an extremely addictive personality to new things, so I really shouldn't be surprised. Ok, so I've already mentioned the AMAZING Kelly Werstler {house of kwid}. What I haven't mentioned is my OBSESSION with chairs. If I had the time, I'd sit in the book store every day and read the book 1000 chairs. Learn all the creators, styles, construction, time periods, etc. If I could have it my way, I'd work to design new cool chairs everyday. So, all of this ties together below. At the present, this is one of my favorite rooms {i will overuse the word favorite a lot on this blog} of course done by kwid. I just think at first glance, there appears to be a lot going on, and it's not going to fit every one's aesthetic, but when you really stop and look at all the pieces, it's pretty spectacular!

I mean, can you count how many different chairs there are in this space? Not just seating types, chairs! 7 different chairs! Which ones are your favorite? It's hard to pick, but I'll go with the one set I missed at first and second glance! To the left of the picture, the "chairs" with the black wooden carved seat and 2 curvy posts for the seat back. It is my mission for the weekend to go and find out what these chairs are called and who designed them. If you know, let me know!


In an earlier post, {i know i only have 3 so far} I mentioned by second favorite chair. Below is my absolute favorite chair! This may change someday, but for the past year, this is the one!


The chair is called 'Wingback' by Tom Dixon.

Tom is kind of the "furniture designer of the moment." {I mean obviously, right?!} What I love about this chair is its modern take on the old classic. I love the grandeur play on proportion and delicious curves ~ how this chair can add a avant garde 'ness' to any space. Click here to see the construction of how the wingback chair is made. Below are some other pics of my favorite chair hanging out in some cool settings and colors. Enjoy!

{I will have one....one day! :) }

No comments:

Post a Comment