10 August 2010

Let the Transformation begin....

So we've lived in our house for almost 4 years now. We've painted only 2 rooms and it drives me crazy!!! So for our 2 year anniversary, my husband and I are taking on our living room. It's a tough space, since it is the living room and the dining room all in one large, rectangular space. {12'x24'} We are determined to make a beautiful cohesive living space keeping some of our existing pieces and getting a few new ones! :) Here are a few of the pieces we are keeping and some of the new ones!
I have a pair of these GORGEOUS green lamps which I inherited from my late grandmother. I was the only one in my family to see their true beauty and potential! They are in desperate need of a new shades for the new living room but they are definitely staying! Key accent pieces! :)

What cool detail work, huh?

keeping the mirrored side table and round beveled mirror


Awesome IKEA metal bowl, moss rocks, etc. These stay!

this is the new dining chair fabric {love the trellis patterns!}

And that's about it! Now...onto the new items!!!!! The picture below of our new sofa also has our same wood floor color of wood and similar wall color we are painting. We are getting new doors, putting up crown molding and maybe some wainscot if I can convince Dan! :)

its not necessarily my ideal designer sofa, but it's practical, love the color and its a steal! Especially with these pillows:

And these curtains!!!!!!!! I am obsessed with beautiful yellow dupioni silk, pinch pleated, puddled floor curtains! I imagine I will have to settle for something a little more commercial, but one can dream!

And this white leather ottoman {not sold on this one}

and flips to a hard surface for drinks/etc.

and possibly one of these little babies...may be a little too much yellow, but i love the baroque leg, plus its from IKEA so you know its a good deal!put all of this together, well most of it, and you have this {terrible} attempt at what it could look like! {ps I miss my photoshop and indesign programs on my mac.}

Pictures to come in the following couple of weeks....wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment