05 February 2011

new project: a place to rest my head

Well unfortunately since I won't be owning this for a while, we are starting a new project! Build our own tufted headboard! I'm kind of obsessed {and have always been} obsessed with upholstered headboards that make a statement. To me, your bedding should be the supporting actress to the lead role of the headboard. I learned a lot about this working in New York for Craig Nealy Architects. We had a pretty fabulous project on 5th Avenue in the famous Olympic Tower where the client loved the idea of a statement headboard or wall I should say. I can't find the picture, but just imagine rectangular panels perfectly tailored for a full wall installation: floor to ceiling. It sounds a little obnoxious but it was sooo beautiful.
So now I must decide....which headboard is for us? My sweet husband gives me free reign on these types of decisions, but I know he'd like me to go with something simple since he is my contractor and co-builder. We will see! I know I want a POP color or pattern and a cool shape. And tufting...lots of tufting!!
{source}
my girl Kelly Wearstler's chic custom headboard
{source}
I really want to do a pop color! Love this!
{source}
very unique shape
{source}
classic black and white
{source}
sooo much to love about these twins! Love the pop color, the "mini" wing at the top and how the tufting only goes 4 diamond rows!
{source}
waaay to busy but love the yellow headboard
{source}

No comments:

Post a Comment