11 August 2010

Just hangin around....

So I've had 2 problems: First, I buy way to much fun "ghetto" jewelry, be it rings, earrings, necklaces, etc. I have so many accessories that you can find them in my car, purse, dining table, desk, night stand, you name it! The second problem is I can NEVER find anything!! So today, I took on ORGANIZATION of my jewels!! I used a few antiques I had laying around the house and then constructed a new item on a minimum budget!
This red compote is vintage and my wonderful mother gave it to me one Christmas ago! It is my new bracelet holder!
{now I just have to locate them all!}
This beautiful 1930's green glass bowl was given to me as a wedding gift from a dear friend who's parents own a lot of antique glass. I will cherish it forever. It is the new right hand ring holder!


And below is my latest project, my new earring holder! I saw this around Christmas on Anthropologie for like $75 and thought how easy it would be to create! I went to JoAnn's and they had all of their frames %50 percent off, so I got the frame for $12.50. The lace wasn't my favorite, but it was $7.99 yard and I bought 1/2 a yard for my 24" wide frame. I really wanted a beautiful Chantilly lace, but since I am only hanging earrings on it, I relinquished that thought. {plus I couldn't find any} I doubled the lace over, so it would be thicker, and used my staple gun {a must have} and stretched the lace as tight as possible. Voila! What do you think? I'm going to hang it, but for now here it is: $16.50 TOTAL!!! :)

{since my earrings are taken off and placed here and there, the bottom row represents earrings still searching for their mate. We aren't giving up hope that he/she will appear in some purse, bag, etc.!}
Now that the earrings, rings and bracelets are taken care of, it's time to take on my largest vice: necklaces. They are in drawers and on plates on my shelves, in purses {surprise} and bags. I am still working on some kind of wood board, covered in my wedding wallpaper by Cole and Son, framed in a pop yellow or green color trim, with multiple knobs in various styles to hang the necklaces on. We will see. This is a project for the weekend. However, my 2 year anniversary is on Monday and the hubs and I are sneaking off to Asheville for a quick get a way!! I've never been to Biltmore and I think we are going wine tasting too! There has to be surprises ya know! :) I'll post pictures from the trip next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment