25 March 2011

First LEED certified Neighborhood in the South - Say what?!

So I was in Nashville this week for work and when I'm there, I always do a little shopping.  Knoxville is great and all but Nashville is killing it with the shopping!  One of my favorite places to visit is the Urban Outfitters in the super cool Gulch area.  Every place and every part of Nashville is trying to be something "up and coming."  I mean Nashville has the coolest novelty stores now for your favorite treats:  from $5 cupcakes all over the city at Gigi's and CeCe's, to Las Paletas fresh made gourmet Popsicles,to you name it.  But the developers of the Gulch area decided the up and coming "thing" they were going to be was Green.  Not just cause it's chic but because its sustainable.  The area between downtown and midtown has just become {well as of 2009} the first LEED certified neighborhood in the South. {so cool right?}  And in this urban chic land is one of my favorites:  Urban Outfitters.  We were supposed to get one in downtown Knoxville, but that didn't happen.

Renovated Gulch Area
One thing I loved in Urban Outfitters {other than the $19.99 clearance dress I scored!}was the wall paneling in the dressing rooms.  It was some kind of reclaimed particle board that had this pattern etched in it.  Inside the pattern was painted a dark pink/burgundy.  Such a simple way to be "Eco friendly" and a cool way to be creative.  Kudos's Urban Outfitters!

1 comment:

  1. very cool! sometimes people email me to ask questions about Nashville and I tell them that I really do not have a clue anymore, every time I go it has changed so much!

    ReplyDelete