26 March 2011

Summer Salads and Salsa? Yes Please!

 Who's ready for summer?  I can't believe I'm saying that because I can't believe it's just around the corner!  What has happened to the first 3 months of 2011?  Ok, back on track!  I have always had a black thumb for gardening...I mean I have killed bamboo...  But since October, I have grown Basil from seeds and been able to keep it alive and cook with it!  Going along with the momentum of my new found green thumb, I am tackling a whole vegetable garden.  From the seedling to the harvest!  Happy growing!
The Goss Garden is now growing:  Broccoli, Squash, Zucchini, Cherry and Beefsteak tomatoes, assorted Bell Peppers, Chives, Sweet Onions, 6 assortments of Lettuce, Parsley, Oregano, Cilantro and Rosemary! 

 I started with a Jiffy soil kit I puchased at Home Depot.  You just add water and the soil expands, add your seeds (2-3 per soilette) and gently cover.

Voila!  My own little starter greenhouse!  I wish the cover didn't look so ghetto with JIFFY across the top, but oh well!  They will remain in here for approx 20 days before I start exposing them to the outdoors then, bam!  Plant that exact soilette into the ground!

See you guys in 60-85 days for Harvest!! 
Check out that Basil!  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment