02 February 2011

Ahhhhh the Chesterfield

Rarely has a piece of furniture maintained a new way to live in today's society like the Chesterfield sofa. This 18th century masterpiece is the epitome of structure, comfort and class, with its typical tufted top grain leathers, nail heads and rolled arms. From the smoking and brandy rooms of the 18th century, to the Victorian living rooms of the 19th, to the bars, libraries, lobbies and living rooms of today, no sofa has made such a bold statement like the Chesterfield. I happen to heart this sofa more than any other sofa on the planet and am dying for one. It's not practical for my house now, but for my next home, bring it on. What I love about this sofa is its ability to almost always feel modern in its setting while vintage in its stature. Below are some of my favorites, introducing other fabrics such as mohair and chenille to the Chesterfield.
Anthropologie's Atelier Chesterfield in my favorite color
love it.
Chesterfield + the Union Jack= Heaven!
1950's vintage French Chesterfield
Love these turquoise Chesterfield's in the lobby from Nip/Tuck
love love love love this. Wish I could find it's roots!
Love it in the plum with the non-tufted cushions
super sexy in all white
If anyone sees a vintage one on craigslist, let me know! I'll rent a U-haul and be there asap! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment